Gas Safe Register
Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register, but there are unregistered gas workers out there. Remember – Don’t Cut Corners and always use a Gas Safe registered engineer for any gas work. Gas Safe replaced CORGI in 2009.
All Gas Safe registered engineers carry a Gas Safe Register ID card. Before any gas work is carried out always check the card and make sure the engineer is qualified for the work you need doing.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
Protect yourself from the dangers by following these simple steps:
- Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your appliances
- Make sure all gas appliances are regularly serviced and safety checked every year
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm
- Check for warning signs such as lazy yellow flames or black marks or stains around the appliance.
- Know the six main signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.
Always ask for a Gas Safe registered engineer and always ask to see their ID card. If you suspect anyone to be working illegally report them to Gas Safe Register. If you have had gas work done in your property in the last six months, you can nominate it for a free gas safety inspection. For more information and to find and check an engineer go to www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500. Don’t Cut Corners – be Gas Safe.
Heatlink Services are proud to be Gas Safe registered. Call us today on 01502 442838.